Sunday, March 14, 2010

3/6/10 - Baruch the Scribe, Sad Accordions, This Old House

...at Hailey's.

This Old House (now named ODYSSEY, but not really) opened, and you know I loves me some TOH. Only issue? That goddam bass drum, lit up like a goddam reverse spotlight, rendering my cheezy-ass camera damn-near useless. But seriously - check out this band, whatever moniker they happen to adopt next. They are fucking awesome. Next up was Sad Accordions (Austin). Seen them once before and dug 'em, compared them to Telegraph Canyon. This time? OK, but not quite as good as I remembered. One song went on WAY too long, with the lead singin' "someone stop me" at least twenty times, i shit you not. Which prompted me to whisper to my companion, "jeezus christ, someone stop him".
Last up was Baruch the Scribe. Very interesting, I will say that. Voice a bit difficult to take at times, you might even say harsh, but at other times ('isn't it pretty to think so?' (see the myspace page)), it fit perfectly. I definitely want to check them out again, that's for sure. This particular night, I found myself not in the frame of mind to properly render a finalized
opinion, yet completely intrigued and looking forward to the next opportunity to do so.

No comments: